Please make sure the following requirements are met:
Visit your CyberGhost VPN online account and login with your Premium Username and Password
Click on 'My Devices' and in the 'Add a new device' section > click 'Others'.
Click Configure new device and in the new window, choose your desired protocol, in our example: L2TP and your preferred country and server group, as described below.
Also type in a Device name to assign to your device, then configure the parameters for the new device.
- Country: Since native protocol connections may only be used with exactly one server you now have to choose the country you want to surf from; the server to be used in this country will be chosen by CyberGhost automatically.
- Server group: Depending on the chosen country as well as the availability of different server types as an attribute of your current plan you can also define a server group to use:
After setting up your preferred settings, save them with 'Save Configuration'.
To view the L2TP credentials that are generated for you on the configuration dashboard, press View Configuration.
Once the new page is opened, your connection credentials are generated for you but make note of the following information:
- Server group: This is the address of the country (server) you want to be connected with, e.g. '12345-1-ca.cg-dialup.net'. Note: This address changes with every country you have chosen in the step before. The actual single server to be used will be chosen automatically by CyberGhost.
- User name: A solely for this protocol generated user name. This is NOT your regular CyberGhost account user name, it's used only to authenticate with our servers via Manual Configurations.
- Password (you need to check the "Show Password" option in order to see it): A solely for protocol usage generated password. This is NOT your regular CyberGhost account Password, it's used only to authenticate with our servers via Manual Configurations.
- Pre-Shared Key
Please download the configuration file. For that please click on 'Download configuration' and download the config file to your computer (it's recommended that you create a special folder for the config, somewhere accessible like your Desktop).
Open your Android Settings
Tap on 'More' and then on ‘VPN'.
Tap on the 'Plus' icon on the upper right:
On the Edit VPN profile screen, enter the following:
- Name: Enter any name that will help you recognize your VPN connection. It might be helpful to enter the location name (e.g., “L2TP US”).
- Type: Select L2TP/IPSec PSK.
- Server address: Enter the one provided in Step 1
- L2TP Secret: Leave this field blank.
- IPSec identifier: Leave this field blank.
- IPSec pre-shared key: Enter the one provided in Step 1
- DNS search domains: Leave this field blank.
- DNS servers (e.g. 188.8.131.52): Leave this field blank.
- Forwarding routes (e.g. 10.0.0.0/8) : Leave this field blank.
Then tap Save.
Type in the user name and password from Step 1. Verify that the Save Account Information option is checked. Then press Connect.
Important : DO NOT use your regular CyberGhost user name and password, which you use to login in the client and your account management !
After being connected, your device will keep you updated about the connection status in your notifying area:
Certain routers need you to activate the L2TP/IPSec protocol. How you can accomplish that task should be documented in your router's manual.