Reaching this tutorial means that you are already connecting with CyberGhost through the Dedicated (optimized) server for Streaming but you are not getting the desired result.
*This article is to exemplify a connection to Netflix US and if you are unsure as to how to connect through the Dedicated(Optimized) server for Netflix US, please visit this tutorial here. Then you can return and follow these steps presented below.
It can be tricky to get the desired result, especially in such a competitive market. Luckily, CyberGhost VPN, has covered you with the following tips and tricks that will result in a better outcome and this tutorial is for you.
What we have presented below can be achieved through an iOS device (the steps below should apply to both iPhone and iPad) with iOS 13 - where other iOS versions may have small differences, if any - and refers to the Netflix application which should already be installed at the time when following this tutorial:
The same steps can be applied towards other services such as Amazon Prime or BBC iPlayer where we have used Netflix for this example and other applications should not have differences(if any at all).
- Open the Settings menu on your iOS device (iPhone or iPad) and choose iPhone Storage:
- Locate & tap on the Netflix app. Press "Offload app". Then proceed by pressing on "Delete app":
Here we have exemplified the Netflix app but should you use a different app, replace Netflix with the respective app.
- Head back to the Settings menu in your iOS device. Choose "Privacy" > "Location Services" and Disable Location Services:
- Head back to the Settings menu in your iOS device. Locate and tap on Safari and choose "Clear history and Website data" and confirm with "Clear History Data".
- Now, scroll down to Advanced and choose Website Data:
- Press "Remove All website Data" and confirm with "Remove Now".
- Now, you can restart your iOS device as you would do usually. Keep in mind that the Netflix app was removed(indicated in step 2 above) and you will need to reinstall it. This is the link to do it from. Depending on your desired platform, look for the respective app.
- After reinstalling the Netflix app(or the preferred one respectively), this is the order that needs to be followed:
a. Start the CyberGhost app and connect to the Optimized server for Netflix US - which you can find under the Streaming tab after pressing on Best Location;
b. From the moment the CyberGhost app is connected to the Optimized server for Netflix US, you can now start the Netflix app which you have recently installed.
Please keep in mind that if you need to access Amazon Prime or BBC iPlayer, you will have to choose the corresponding server.
After doing all these steps, you should be able to stream without any hindrance through the Netflix app.
For further information, please refer to the below tutorials:
- How to stream with CyberGhost 7 for iOS
- How to manually define a country or a single server with CyberGhost 7 for iOS
- How to use CyberGhost 7 for iOS