The installation of CyberGhost on your Mac is straight forward and doesn't require any additional system settings.
Watch our short demonstration video. Your CyberGhost VPN app for Mac will be up and running in just a couple of clicks !
To be able to install CyberGhost 7 and use the software you need the following minimum system requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or newer OS
- At least 70 Megabytes of free hard drive space
If you're unsure about whether your Mac is compatible with Sierra, you can check out the official compatibility list from Apple, here
Take the following steps in order to quickly install CyberGhost 7 on your Mac:
- Download CyberGhost (the PKG file) on your Mac
- You can start the installation by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions
- During the installation you may be required to 'Allow'' the installation of 'new software', requiring you to enter your macOS Username and Password (NOTE: this is your macOS user account, not your CyberGhost credentials)
After installing, your Operating System (the MacOS) will need to grant CyberGhost permission to actually run on the machine.
Clicking 'Deny' will block CyberGhost from connecting to the VPN servers. CyberGhost will also notify you of this.
After clicking "Allow keychain access", you'll be presented with a KeyChain dialogue box where you will have to enter your macOS account password ( this is NOT your CyberGhost password or your iTunes/AppStore password, it simply refers to the password for your Local macOS account, the one you use when starting the Mac).
Please enter your Local macOS account password and click 'Always Allow'!
For any additional information or concerns - it is best to approach the Support Department:
via e-mail: email@example.com
via on-line request: https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
via 24/7 Live! Chat Sessions on our website