In this FAQ, we'll go over what you need to know about the CyberGhost app for Linux, as well as some quick pointers to get you started:
1. Q: What kind of app is CyberGhost for Linux?
A: It is a CLI-type application (Command Line Interface)
2. Q: What Linux Distributions does the app support?
A: The app currently supports Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.10 and Fedora 29, Fedora 30, Fedora 31, Linux Mint 19.3, CentOS 7, PopOS, Kali.
3. Q : 32-bit or 64-bit?
Our application requires 64-bit Linux distributions to run.
4. Q: Are there any preparations required before installing?
A: The appropriate version of the app (depending on Linux Distribution) just needs to be downloaded and unzipped anywhere on your machine
5. Q: How do I install the CyberGhost app for Linux?
A: Very straightforward, just run the "install.sh" installer with the "sudo bash install.sh" command
6. Q: Does the app have any dependencies?
A: Just 3 dependencies:
- Python3 (Which is preinstalled with all of the above-mentioned Linux Distributions)
- OpenVPN (which will be installed alongside the app itself in case it's not already present)
- Sudo (where connection commands are used with sudo parameter)
7. Q: How do I bring up the app's arguments?
A: By running the command "cyberghostvpn" or "cyberghostvpn --help"
8. Q: How can I see all of the available countries?
A: By using the argument "--country-code". Ex: "cyberghostvpn --traffic --country-code"
9. Q: How do I select a country?
A: By using the argument "--country-code" with the desired country's code. Ex: "cyberghostvpn --country-code DE"
10. Q: How do I select a city?
A: By using the argument "--city". Ex: "cyberghostvpn --country-code DE --city frankfurt"
11. Q: How do I connect to the VPN?
A: By adding the argument "--connect" to the command. Ex: "sudo cyberghostvpn --country-code DE --city frankfurt --connect"
12. Q: Can I connect directly to a specific server if I know it's name?
A: Yes, by using the argument "--server". Ex: "sudo cyberghostvpn --server frankfurt-s402-i01 --connect"
13. Q: How can I check if I have an active VPN connection?
A: By running the "cyberghostvpn --status" command
14. Q: How cant I disconnect from the VPN?
A: By running the "sudo cyberghostvpn --stop" command