When using the 'Best Location' option you will establish a connection per default completely automatically on a server in one of the available countries, but you can also choose your favorite location manually by either changing the respective country or by directly activating an individual server.
1. To manually select a country, go to the main screen and simply press on the "Best Location" area.
2. On the next screen, you see a list of all countries CyberGhost operates servers in.
3. As you can see the list can be pre-filtered:
- All : All available countries will be displayed.
- Streaming : Only countries with optimized streaming servers will be displayed.
- Favorites : Only countries, single servers, or single streaming servers you previously marked will be shown in this list.
Connect to country: Tap to connect to the chosen country right now, the single server to be used will be determined by CyberGhost automatically, based on the internal load balancing.
Single Server Choice
1. To go further and activate a single and specific server in a country of your choice, press the arrow at the right end of the country entry line.
2. If you tapped to select a specific server, scroll through the list of all available single servers for this country and decide on one.
Below the name of the server chosen you to find the current load of the server. Please note that a high load doesn't have to equal a high number of users. There is also the possibility that a handful of users occupy a big amount of the available bandwidth and as a result might slow down your surfing speed.
Once a country or single server is activated, the app switches back to the main screen, where the country or server will be shown right beneath the connection confirmation. The lower part of the main window will display also information about your new IP address, the amount of data transferred and the protocol used to establish the connection.
To disconnect from the current connection tap on the 'Power' button.
After disconnecting the VPN, the country or server you used last will replace the default connection type and stay valid for all future connections - until you choose a different country or server or switch back to 'Best Location'.
For any additional information or concerns - it is best to approach the Support Department:
via e-mail: email@example.com
via on-line request: https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
via 24/7 Live! Chat Sessions on our website