When you use the 'Best server location' option, a connection will be established fully automatically to the most suitable server that our Server Parser can find for your connection ( depending on response time tests, number of users, server load, etc. ). Based on a server in one of the available countries, but you can also choose your preferred location manually by changing the respective country or activating an individual server directly.
1. Log in to the CyberGhost VPN App and click on the expand button ( to open the list of all servers and features available ):
2. Make sure you activated the menu entry 'All servers'
3. The next step is to choose the country to which you wish to connect. For that simply click on its respective entry.
You can use also use the attributes of a country as a filtered measure. They provide you with the following information:
- Distance : The distance between you and the country you want to surf. This information might be useful to share a light on your Internet speed at a given moment. The higher the distance, the more time data packets need to be delivered.
- Load : The total amount of a load of all servers in a country.
To quickly connect, simply select the desired country and click on the Power button (or double-click on it).
You can also use the search field to search for a specific country ...
Remember : The default mode for connections is 'Best server location', whereas CyberGhost automatically connects to a country/server combination providing you the best performance.
After changing the connection type to a specific country, CyberGhost will switch off the automatic country choice of its internal laod balancing system (since you already decided for a country), but still decides automatically for the best performing server in that respective country.
Manual Server Selection
1. To go further and decide not only manually for a country, but also for a single specific server in that country, click on the right arrow in the country of your choice to open the list of its servers.
2. Simply click on any server you wish to use.
The server list itself provides you with some important data that you can use to filter the server to use:
Ping : The ping value illustrates the time a server needs to respond to a request. The lower the ping value, the faster the server can be addressed.
Note: The ping value does not correspond to the speed of the server, which can be very high, even if the ping is also high. It is an interesting value for online gaming players, who needs connections without delay.
Distance : The distance between you and the server you want to use. This information can be useful to know your Internet speed at a given time. The greater the distance, the more date, and time packets need to be delivered. It is therefore very often recommended to decide for the nearest server if speed is a criterion.
Load : The load of a server depends on the number of users currently connected, but also on the traffic they generate. Please note that a high load does not necessarily have to be equal to a high number of users. It is also possible that a handful of users occupy a large part of the available bandwidth and, as a result, your browsing speed may be slowed down.
Favorite : Click on the star and the corresponding server will be added to your list of favorites.
To disconnect from the current connection click on the power button.
After disconnecting the VPN, the country or server you used last will replace the default connection type and stay valid for all future connections - until you choose a different country or server or switch back to 'Best Location'.
For any additional information or concerns - it is best to approach the Support Department:
via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
via on-line request: https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
via 24/7 Live! Chat Sessions on our website